4-8 Orchestra Teacher - Traveling
- Iowa teaching license
- K-8 Music certification required
- Previous strings experience preferred
- Knowledge of challenging orchestral repertoire
- In-depth knowledge of music education core concepts
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong use of formative assessment to design instruction
- Ability to set high expectations and motivate students
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management
- Knowledge of Differentiated Instruction and classroom application
- Proficient in the demonstration of research-based instructional practices
- Creates a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student
- Skilled in the use of technology to enhance instruction
- Experience with diverse student populations preferred
- Able to work on a team
Employee must be able to sit, stoop, bend, and walk as needed on a daily basis. While performing duties within this job, employee may be exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. The noise level in this work environment ranges from mild to loud.
The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence, and succeed in reaching their potential.
We are proud that more than 58 percent of our teachers and administrators have masters, specialist, or doctorate degrees. We are a progressive organization that is considered a leader in education. Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all position within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
Sioux City serves as the regional hub for business, employment, industry, retail trade, medical care, educational opportunities, and tourism in Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota, and Northeast Nebraska. More than 140,000 people live in the tri-state metropolitan area. To learn more about our city visit http://www.sioux-city.org/.
Interested applicants must complete an online application.
The Sioux City Community School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age (for employment), disability, socioeconomic status (for programs), marital status (for programs), or veteran status in its educational programs and its employment practices. Inquiries or grievances may be directed to Dora Jung, Director of Student Services & Equity Education at 627 4th Street, Sioux City, IA 51101, (712) 279-6075, email@example.com.